Monday, March 31, 2008

Food Inflation...

Image courtesy of: Yahoo Business/AP


Today, the Associated Press (AP) released an article discussing the ever-so-inflating prices of food. It was interesting because I have realized that mess too...recently to be exact. I went to Publix last week and noticed that loafs of bread, juice, all that mess has gone up. This is part of the reason why I hate grocery shopping to this day. I live alone. I have no kids. But I still spend a little over $100 everytime I go to the store. WHY???

Well according to the AP, it's because of our screwed up economy that food prices a rising each year. And because of this, they say more and more people are beginning to be conscious about their spending. Less people are eating out. They are preferring to eat at home. Less people are buying generic brands rather than the name brand products (I do too especially when it comes to apple juice and bread...it all taste the same). About 24% of American shoppers are now purchasing food from supercenters such as Walmart because their prices are much cheaper than your regular grocery stores. And to my amazement, the AP says that a family of four spends almost $1000 per month on groceries. Good Golly!!! That's a lot of money for folks who really ain't got it. No wonder these kids be fat nowadays. LOL :)

Anyhoo, if you're like me...just let stuff sit and spoil in your refrigerator because you eat out a lot, save your pennies and go generic and clip your coupons...cuz the last thing you need is to go broke over some ground beef.

No comments: